Saturday, September 15, 2012

Vanille

Hello darlings! Since there has been a teacher strike in Chicago I've just had too much time on my hands so I was able to stumble upon this wonderful place called Vanille. I fell in love and became obsessed! It all happened on a Thursday. I was on my way to the movies when I happened to notice a tiny window which said, " Vanille Patisserie". I knew I had to try it, so I took a detour and entered the door. I'm not even exaggerating, I found paradise in that little pastry shop. They specialized in making macarons! Macarons of every flavor you could wish at a very reasonable price. I tried one of each, including pb&j, lavender and rose. It felt like angels waltzing in my mouth! In my crazy excitement with the macarons I didn't pay close attention to the other cakes but I'm sure they were just as delicious. Needless to say I didn't go to the movies anymore , as my friend and I took forever to taste all the macarons.

1 comment: