Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

 It`s finally Christmas! I`m one of those cheesy people wh0 are just crazy about this holiday! May the innocence and warmth of this holiday bring joy and love to everyone`s life!   I really hope that this Christmas will bring blessings to everyone! This is the Classic Macaron`s first Christmas of, I hope, many to come! Thanks everyone and let`s all just enjoy the harmony of Christmas!


Today I prepared, along with my family various delicious foods with my family, such as gingerbread houses, fudge and cookies, and I decided to share our recipe for AMAZING Black Forest cookies!


2 cups flour
3/4 cup good quality cocoa      
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract*
1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped and well drained
1-2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, set aside.
Cream together sugars and softened butter. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth. Slowly add dry ingredient mixture.  Add chopped cherries, stir just until evenly distributed.
Roll dough into  small balls, and place on un-greased cookie sheets, leaving some space 
between cookies. Flatten slightly.
Bake for 13-15 minutes. 
*I didn`t have a chance to take pictures of these cookies*


Our tree! 


Our gingerbread house. Success!







My giraffe Gina in the Spirit of Christmas




No comments:

Post a Comment